Chris Lawhorn, music writer for Shape and Men’s Journal, created RunHundred.com, a website that sends new workout to its subscribers. Those subscribers can then vote on their favorites, and Lawhorn compiles a list of the Top Ten Songs each month. Check out February’s selection:
- Flo Rida – Good Feeling (Jaywalker Remix) – 127 BPM
- Jay Sean & Nicki Minaj – 2012 (It Ain’t The End) – 126 BPM
- Cobra Starship & Sabi – You Make Me Feel… (Felix Leiter Remix) – 127 BPM
- Beatfreakz – Somebody’s Watching Me – 129 BPM
- Katy Perry – The One That Got Away (R3hab Club Remix) – 128
- Train – Drive By – 123 BPM
- Adele – Set Fire To The Rain – 109 BPM
- Maroon 5, Christina Aguilera & Mac Miller – Moves Like Jagger (Remix) – 128 BPM
- Outasight – Tonight Is The Night – 120 BPM
- Selena Gomez & The Scene – Love You Like a Love Song (DJ Escape & Tony Coluccio Club Remix) – 130 BPM
Per Lawhorn: “This month’s top 10 is full of little surprises. Jay Sean and Nicki Minaj’s “2012” actually came out months ago. But, the new year (and an apt title) have given it a second wind. Also, Maroon 5 and Christina Aguilera got a hip-hop makeover, courtesy of Mac Miller. Outasight got their first taste of chart success. And, Adele turned in a performance so forceful that most folks didn’t seem to mind that the song’s more of a ballad than a traditional workout jam.”
I’m admittedly out of touch with brand new tunes, so before seeing this list, I hadn’t heard most of these songs. My radio is steadfastly tuned to NPR and, as necessary, the AM station that broadcasts Phillies game. No, I’m only 27. Yes, really. Thanks to RunHundred, I now have a new space to find great workout music.
If, like me, you no longer run a popular music blog and now need other people to tell you what’s cool, check out Run Hundred’s database of workout songs. Browse the song selections there by genre, tempo, and era to find the music that best fits your workout needs.
What do you think of February’s list? I can get down to some of these. Time to update the iPod.